Click here for a downloadable PDF version
8 Echo Farm Drive
Bristol, RI 02809
Email – email@example.com
- Credibility – 2011/2012 Certified most accurate forecast in the Providence/New Bedford DMA by WeatheRate – an independent forecast verification service. In March, 2006, became the first in Southern New England to earn the American Meteorological Society's Certified Broadcast Meteorologist (CBM) designation (#126). Also awarded American Meteorological Society Television Seal of Approval (#1261 Dec. 2001).
- Teamwork – Led a team of four meteorologists. Ability and desire to work closely with the other meteorologists, especially during severe weather events. Responsible for schedule coordination of other staff meteorologists
- Versatility – Experience covering severe weather in the field and delivering remote weathercasts. Hosted ½ hour specials, and four hour 4th of July Parade coverage. "Fred Knows" seasonal forecasts delivered during critical November, February, and May sweeps. Additional experience reporting on breaking news, general assignments, feature, and weather-related stories. Provided traffic reports regularly during 5pm news.
Forecast and Broadcast Experience
WLNE – TV – Providence, Rhode Island November 1998 – July 2012
- Chief on-air meteorologist December, 2007-July 2012. Produced and delivered informative and accurate weather forecasts for evening newscasts (5pm, 6pm, 11pm) each weekday. Reported to news department when severe weather threatens. Delivered comprehensive on-air coverage during severe weather. Provided traffic reports at 5pm.
- Weather anchor for ABC6 in the Morning and ABC6 News at Noon 2002 to 2007. Produced and delivered weather forecasts for fast paced weekday morning show. Special focus placed on variety of content including forecast for travel, commuters, bus stop, pollen count, marine, and safe sun index. Delivered forecast for area radio stations.
- Extensive use of online components to further advance communication and forecasting accuracy. Use Twitter, Facebook. Google+, and Pinterest extensively to communicate with viewers and provide updates in severe weather situations. Created abc6hurricane.com – a site dedicated to hurricane forecasting, analysis, preparedness, and history. Deliver forecast for area radio stations.
- Proficient and innovative in use of Weather Central :Live, 3D:Live, and ESP:Live software.
- Spend time in the community through the Weather School program, visiting area schools and community groups. Serve as host, master of ceremonies, or live auctioneer at several community charity events each year.
Co-hosted a television special on the Broadway version of the Lion King. Five years of co-hosting four hours of live coverage of the Bristol (RI) Fourth of July Parade - the oldest and largest 4th of July parade in the country. 13 years experience co-hosting coverage of the annual Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. Hosted Oscar Night America pre-Oscar show.
Served as weather, feature, environmental, and general assignment reporter responsible for gathering, producing, and delivering news stories. Have demonstrated the ability to work under a strict deadline.
Internet Administrator (2000-2005)
Managed content and design of www.abc6.com. Proficient in Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML, PHP, MySQL, XML, web video encoding, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, and Adobe After Effects.
Right Weather LLC – Bristol, Rhode Island July 2012 - Present
- Founded weather forecasting service available to the general public on multiple digital media platforms, with additional services available by paid subscription.
- Created and launched rightweather.net, a website focused on providing updated forecasts and weather information for Southern New England.
- Designed and implemented free RightWX Android and iOS apps.
- Deliver daily forecast for RI and SE MA radio stations.
B.S. – Meteorology (Cum Laude) 1998
Plymouth State College of the University System of New Hampshire
Vice President, Plymouth State College Chapter of American Meteorological Society
B.A. - Economics (Business Emphasis) 1994
University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
Click here for a downloadable PDF version